Introducing: The Rig Doctor Spec'd PBC/6X Buffered Switcher!
** We are now accepting Pre-Orders for a limited run of 10 switchers **
Over the past few months, we have received an overwhelming amount of emails, messages, and comments asking...
"When will there be a Rig Doctor Switcher...with high-quality buffer?"
The Rig Doctor Spec Mastermind PBC/6x features 1M Input impedance, 100 ohm output impedance are the updated spec for the input and output buffers!
This revolutionary switcher allows you to connect 6 pedals and have complete flexibility in choosing which pedals are on at any time, as well as the order of those pedals in your signal chain.
You can also control any MIDI-compatible devices and switch channels on most amps that use 1/4-inch switching jacks.
- High-quality input & output buffers
1M Input impedance
100 ohm output impedance
- 6 audio loops
- 3 Stereo Loops (expandable to 6 mono loops, making 11 total loops)
- 7th Bonus Volume Insert loop assignable anywhere in the signal path
- The last three loops are stereo capable using TRS jacks
- Matrix switching for maximum routing flexibility
- Flexible output that can be mono, stereo, or used as an A/B/Y switch
- Mono mixdown feature allows you to mix down your stereo output to mono when using with a single amp
- Two inputs, one with a switchable buffer
- 7 buttons, each with a multi-color LED indicator
- Buttons are user configurable – any button can be set to any function and LED color
- Easy to read backlit LCD display that can display preset and song names, plus other status
- Built in tuner
- MIDI connection, powered by the MIDI “brain” of our Mastermind GT controller. This MIDI port can be split into a MIDI input and output using a special Y cable
- USB device port for connection to a PC or Mac. This allows the Mastermind PBC to send MIDI commands to a computer, or to communicate with the Mastermind Editor software
- A 1/4-inch TRS jack that provides two function switches. These can be used to control the channel switching and other features on an amplifier, or for externally switchable features on certain pedals
- Expression pedal input that can be programmed to generate MIDI messages based on the position of the pedal
- External switch input allows two more switches to be added. These switches can be programmed to perform any function the internal buttons can
- Mac and PC editor software allows for faster and more comprehensive editing, including deep MIDI editing and changing button layouts
- 3 year limited warranty
- 768 presets
- 1000 songs, 64 setlists
- Can control up to 16 MIDI devices
- 20 MIDI messages can be assigned per button (PC, CC, Note, Sysex)
Dimensions: 10.1 (w) x 4.4 (d) x 2.4 (h) inches (25.7 (w) x 11.1 (d) x 6.1 (h) cm)
Weight: 2 lbs / 0.9 kg
- Power Requirements: 9VDC or 12VDC 220mA, Boss-type connector (center negative 5.5/2.1mm barrel connector).
Most amps that have one or two 1/4-inch footswitch or external switching jacks are compatible with the Mastermind PBC/6X. The exception to this is any amp that has a footswitch that has one 1/4-inch plug but more than two buttons. These footswitches use proprietary electronics and are not compatible with the Mastermind PBC/6X.
Compatible Amps (partial list)
- Friedman Amps (all models)
- Marshall DSL
- Mesa Lonestar
- Mesa Mark II and III
- Mesa Mark IV and V (partial functionality – use a Mini Amp Gizmo for better results)
- Mesa Mark V 25
- Mesa Mini Rectifier
- Mesa Rectoverb 25
- Mesa Dual and Triple Rectifier (partial functionality – use a Mini Amp Gizmo for better results)
- Orange Amps (all models)
- Peavey 5150 and 6505
- Splawn (all models)
- and many, many more (please contact us if you have questions!)
- Fender Hot Rod series (supported using Mini Amp Gizmo)
- Fender Super-Sonic
- Fender Twin w/ 4 button footswitch
- Marshall YJM
- Marshall Haze
- Marshall MG series w/ “Stompware” footswitch
NOTE: We’re now offering special Mastermind PBC cables for a select few amps that were not able to be supported in the past. You can find these cables in our web store